Our Mission is to provide programs and services for children and families in the community of Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania, that will support their education, cultivate self-determination, and improve their overall quality of life.
We counter despair and adverse circumstances with HOPE!
Our Vision is to promote personal and collective engagement in the community centered on the youth, an engagement that leads to community transformation by changing the mentalities and trajectories of individuals, families, and neighbors. This vision is enacted in the following ways:
1. Launch innovative after-school programs that attract and maintain young people’s attention
2. Create a safe and beautiful space for children to dream, achieve, and learn
3. Build a strong organizational legacy that will serve the community for generations
4. Expose young people and families to diverse cultural experiences
5. Prepare and equip young people for successful careers and lifelong learning
6. Develop dynamic programs that foster cohesive & inter-generational relationships
7. Create an ongoing series of youth leadership training experiences and mentoring programs
8. Mobilize meaningful youth outreach to seniors & others in need
We supplement at-risk students' education through our Hope Youth Enrichment Program, an after-school program for K-8 kids. We further this educational work in our summer camps and (soon) training in the media arts.